Media – BT4 – 22 Min. Playing with God (22PWG)
22 min. Playing With God (22PWG):
For drumming from just a “technical” point of view, see also Drums.
Please comment on the bottom of any page following our BLOG Etiquette Guidelines.
Note: On your phone, PDF documents may only open if you choose the “Save, Replace, or Keep Both” option and then it will be downloaded and notify you of this on the top of your screen. Open it there or in your Downloads folder and it will give you the option to Open with Adobe Acrobat, Drive, or some other PDF app you have installed on your phone. If you watch the associated video, it will open in another tab/window so that you can easily bounce back & forth between the PDF doc and the video. If your screen is big enough you can even arrange the windows next to each other!
“22 min. Playing With God” (22PWG) is a better way to learn drums. You can use your “might and power” to earn your “skill” and pat yourself on the back. Good luck on reaching your goal-posts, because I see these always being moved by yourself or others once you “think” that you have “arrived.”
A better way is to receive “skill” or “self-mastery” as the result of revelation from the Lord as you enter and stay in His presence “by His Spirit” where there is Joy! (Zechariah 4:6; Galatians 5:22-23).
If you take “Jo . . . y” out of the “Journey” all you have left is “urne” – and that sounds a lot like where they put your ashes after you have died and been cremated. I’ve found that without “Jo . . . y” all my hard work “earning” skill just dries me up into an “urn” full of ashes!
7 Reasons for the title “22 min. Playing With God” (22PWG)
1. They say “21 days creates a habit,” so I figure 22 ought to nail it! Nobody seems to have time nowadays – but evidently enough time for FaceBook and video games, and many people’s attention spans can’t make it over 30 minutes. So I figure I can give you of the “GOLD” in 22 minutes that the Lord reveals to me over 1-2 days of practicing in His presence. However, if you want to learn more, just click on another video or check out more of my website pages.
2. God has revealed to me often the importance of remaining like a child in many ways, especially the JOY of playing. As kids, we couldn’t wait to go outside and play! The Lord has also emphasized sharing all aspects of life in intimate fellowship with Him, including our playing! Instead of playing by yourself, play with your best friend – the Lord! You will feel His JOY!
4. The Aaronic or Levitical Old Testament that Ezra and the Great Assembly recognized as their bible was only 22 books, not 39 as many people claim today is the Jewish bible.
5. 22 categories of creation were made by God in 6 days. “Fascinating,” as Spock would say!
6. Outside the 4 Gospels and Acts (which is part 2 of the Gospel of Luke), there are 22 other books in the New Testament. Very interesting!
7. Now for a bit of vanity – January 22 is my birthday! Some say that 22 is a “Master number” that motivates people born on that day to work hard with precision, self-direction, and self-discipline to move ideas into reality. Maybe coincidently, that has summed up my life!