Spirit – Perform – Drums – BT1
Please follow the BLOG Etiquette to stay on topic and pass the moderator’s check. Bold, underlined text below = future links to the BLOG pages.
Practical steps for your Worship-Team Performance
Hopefully your Worship-Team is open to the Spirit-Perform-BT1 Spiritual Checklist suggestions. If they still are hesitant, they can always read the nitty-gritty theology behind these conclusions from this BLOG. If they are still struggling with this approach they can Contact Us for a clinic on “Worship by the Spirit rather than by Might and Power.”
Set up your gear right away so that the Worship-Team isn’t waiting for you:
- Insure you have a monitor or earbud (in one ear) for good sound.
- Make sure the drum-set is on a rug so the kit won’t slide around on you.
- Insure all the bolts on the drum-set are tight.
- Make sure the drum-set is tuned (if acoustic) and that the instrument type and sound levels for each pad are the way you like them (if electronic).
- Insure your trap table, sticks, hand-percussion, fan, wipe-off rag, and water bottle are all in place.
- Place the music stand so you can keep a peripheral eye on the Worship-Team leader’s hands because they often vary the tempo and dynamics.
- Again, before your Worship-Team starts playing, do the steps from the Spirit-Perform-BT1 Spiritual Checklist, especially honoring the Lord’s words: “For where 2 or 3 are gathered in My name/authority, there am I among them.” Bask together in His presence together, showing that you really do have trusting-relying-faith and really are dependent on His Holy Spirit to fill you, guide you, and teach you ALL things – especially the worship music you are about to play and minister with!
Now this is the hard part for most musicians:
- Let go of your own might and power – your own skill and professionalism – and grab the hand of the Holy Spirit and don’t let go, by completely relying on the Lord to conduct and guide your playing with very few glances at your music stand! Instead of being mesmerized by your sheet music, “Insure we fix/gaze our wide-open eyes on Jesus, the founder and perfecter of your trusting-relying-faith” in worshipful adoration and gratitude. You can do this and still peripherally keep an eye on the Lord guiding the Worship-Team leader’s hands for tempo, dynamic, and other spontaneous music cues, and also watch other musicians and “brethren” in the service to see the Lord ministering in and through them!
- After the service, thank the Lord, the Worship-Team leader, and the other musicians for the privilege to worship together!
- Pack up your gear, putting everything back the way you found it, just as if you were never there!